Thursday, May 6, 2010

Shuler Out

Hey guys, I just wanted to combine my 2 blogs so I have copying my posting (below). To give you a little background (real quick): I was called to secretive meeting of which I was asked to explain myself. In attendance was Ronald Warren (The most spiritually illiterate deacon I have ever met), Randy Naylor (the most ignorant deacon I have ever met), and Allen Shuler (The culprit--the man behind the whole thing). The out come was not good, they roasted me. Approx 1-2 weeks later Shuler finally met with me privately to discuss my knowledge of scripture. What I didn't know is that Shuler didn't have a desire to learn rather a desire to set the stage to have me relieved of my duties of AWANA commander and Outreach Chairman. So the stage is set, shuler has the information he needs, he collaborates with Warren (who knows no better) and Warren is put up to the task of meeting me at the door on sunday evening 5 min prior to the start of the AWANA program and asks me to leave, "The church has decided" --Come to find out later Shuler and Warren acted alone without the involvement of the church body.

Now, let's get back to the private meeting with Shuler and myself. Shuler was very argumentative and uneasy (I should have seen the writing on the wall). When shuler was presented with scripture he did not understand or it contradicted his statements he quickly dismissed it or got very angry with me. I realized quickly I was dealing with a guy who had a very loose interpretation of God's word and he truly does not believe all of it. So, thats it in a nut shell....These events have caused me to speak out against this ignorant man with a wicked heart.

Allen Shuler’s personal ascribed to beliefs:
(Information pulled from Schuler's Blog)
A “Declaration of Faith” is a set of core biblical beliefs that form the doctrinal foundation for everything we do – both as a denomination and as a church.
We believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible. (OK)
We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost. (OK)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor. (OK..except "intercessor"...This is a Jewish concept from the book of Hebrews. The Jews commonly referred to their relationship with God as a Creator-Creature vs The Body of Christ which has a Father-Son relationship....Schuler wants us to be Jews!)

We believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins. (OK...repentance means change...One time, thats all it takes to be saved!)

We believe that justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. (OK...It should be Justification, Sanctification, and Glorification...Because of the work accomplished on the Cross.)

We believe in sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost. (OK)

We believe holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people. (WOW...Can you elaborate please Jews had a standard and the Body of Christ has a totally different standard.)

We believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart. (With fire, water, or Holy Ghost?)

We believe in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost (Not on your life)

We believe in water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (What if I'm not? Am I going to hell?)

We believe divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement. (Why aren't all people healed then?)

We believe in the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet. (A ordinance that is abolished Eph 2:15)

We believe in the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years. (Not the second coming. The second coming is the wrath of God. Before this can happen the Body of Christ has to be taken off the earth).

So what do you think know. Led by the spirit? I think not!


After the events of the last 2 months or so it is the belief of the members of this body of Christ that Allen Shuler is trying to convert Spring Branch Baptist Church into a Church of God belief system. This information comes from statements he has made, information he has on his web Blog, and the content of his preaching. If you look at the above statements they look rather logical and supportive but there are a few key concepts in the text that support an Acts 2 dispensation view. Yes, I said dispensational.

Allen desires to look out on a congregation that has his exact viewpoints (he said this in the pulpit). He will achieve this if he is not stopped. Spring Branch was founded on a belief system that is not consistent with the above belief system. Allen Shuler believes if you don’t believe what he believes then you’re free to leave the church (his friend from Arizona, Dennis, said this and Shuler agreed). Allen also believes that we are not forgiven from our sins rather we must ask for forgiveness every day.

This Pastor also has a week understanding of God’s word and relies on scripture that is written by man rather God ie… The Message, NIV, NLT (for example). These “Bibles” are loose at best interpretations of God’s inspired words. His preaching is not as a result of study rather Internet commentaries of which he “reads” to the congregation. What are we saying, “His preaching is not inspired by God”. This congregation was told that Allen was a KJV preacher, not the case he has not preached from the KJV yet.

Allen Schuler has told people they are wrong when presented with questions of understanding. He does not teach, preach, or create disciples rather he presents devotional sermons that do not distinguish the Body of Christ from the Nation of Israel. There is a difference! Matt 10:5, 15:24 for example.

The Schuler family, as a whole, believes they are spiritual Jews. This is a not scriptural viewpoint. Invented by man who does not understand the design of God’s word. His daughters have said they wish they were actually born as Jews.

Over the past year I have seen Allen Schuler work behind the scenes to divide Spring Branch using an ignorant deacon government to do his bidding. There is clearly something wrong here and the people of Spring Branch need to wake-up and read to ultimately conclude that this man (Allen Schuler) is not led by the Spirit.

The below people have sign this document as a Spirit led Body of Christ:

1 comment:

  1. I am not a member at the church that you are speaking of in your blog, but I stumbled across it and I have become very interested in your "different" views of the Bible. I have attended multiple churches in my lifetime and the pastor in your blog reminds me of one I used to know. So, if you don't mind I would like to ask you a few questions.

    - Do you believe that as Christians we must follow the 10 commandments?

    - Do you believe that we have to ask for forgiveness everyday?

    - What exactly do you mean when you say that we will have a vocation in heaven?

    - What is God's standard for the body of Christ?

    I look forward to reading what you have to say.
    Thank you,
    TN

    ReplyDelete

I will not block anyones comments. I welcome everyone to engage. If you must attack, just realize, I'm not the author of The Word Of Truth. I just read it and believe it. I certainly don't try to re-state or re-invent it. I try not to meddle in God's plan.